Hotels in this range start as low as Rs 100.
- sarika The sanctuary, Swargashram (next to Shiva Resort), ? 0091-9557400551,0091-9906222456,0091-9897911952 (), [website]. Reported to be clean and comfortable and terrific value for the money and the The owner is a great and helpful host. Rs 100-250.
- Lucky Hotel, [website]. 8 rooms Hotel with a view of the GANGES. Situated on the bank of Ganges in Lakshman Jhula. Rooms vary from Rs.300.00-Rs.1299.00.
Indian and Chinese food restaurant is also situated under the Hotel.
- Raj Resort (Raj Resort Rishikesh), Badrinath Road Tapovan (5 minute walk from Police Check Post Tapovan), ? +91 – 135 – 2434165, +91 9412917323 (), [website]. Clean and Comfortable ,AC/NonAC rooms with attached bathrooms, hot shower, balcony with mountain view, garden, car parking, Restaurant ,offer Yoga Lesson, River rafting etc. Rs 300 – 1500.
- Ananda Guesthouse, Swargashram (next to Krishna Cottage), [website]. Clean and comfortable, very hard beds! but value for the money and the The owner is a great and helpful host.Do not make a reservation here they will not keep it during busy season! Only 2 rooms with attached bath. Rs 200-250. (,Anup Owner)
- Vashishth Guest House, Swargashram (Near Parmarth Niketan), ? +91-135-2440029, [website]. Clean & Safe place to stay with air conditioning, television, water heater, attached bathroom facilities. Rs. 300.00 – Rs. 650.00.
- Shiva Resort [website] Swargasharm. Near taxi-stand Ram Jhula. Nice and open rooms with balconies and garden starting from Rs 250-999. Also offers yoga lessons in morning (7:00AM to 8:30AM ) & evening (5:30PM to 7:00PM) and in house pool and internet cafe and ayurvedic treatments and panchkarma centre.
- Krishna Cottage, Swargashram, ? +91-135-2440193 (), [website]. Budget accommodation in Rishikesh for US$ 20 per day (including 3 meals & free wireless internet connectivity). Yoga and ayurveda courses (including Yoga Alliance certified 200 hour yoga teacher training in India) are also available. US$ 20.
- Hotel Ishan, Lakshman Jhula. Decent rooms with Ganga views and balconies. From Rs 200.
- Green Hotel, Swarg Ashram, 243 1242. Is a large, popular place with a good restaurant. Rs 100-1000.
- Jaipur Inn, Laxman Jhula. Nice rooms, some with a view and a good restaurant on the top floor that overlooks both the Laxman Jhula and the Ganges River. Single Rs. 900 – Double Rs. 1000
Many ashrams also offer cheap lodging.
- Rishikesh Yog-peeth the complete yoga study and retreat. Conduct yoga teacher training courses and ayurvedic treatment centre . See Shiva Resort above.
- Nirmal Ashram, Mayakund, (Very close to Triveni Ghat).
- Sivananda Ashram, Ram Jhula, (on the north side of the Shivanand Jhula bridge).
- Mount Valley Mama Cottage, High Bank, The friendliest hostess in Rishikesh, Mama, will make you feel right at home with her wholesome breakfasts and scrumptious thali. Nice Ganga views and the best shower in india. Great rates that cater to the backpacker’s bank account.
- Patanjali Yoga Center, Ram Jhula Taxi Stand, (the best place to study Iyengar Yoga with all modern equipments and a modern yoga studio) Rooms Rs. 100-above.
- Sri Ved Niketan Ashram, Swarg Ashram. A large place offering hatha yoga, meditation, etc. Rooms Rs 50-150.
- Yoga Niketan Guest Houese, Near Ram Jhula. On the river, private Ghat, Guests can avail of meditation,yoga classes in their main Ashram above- a five minute uphill walk. Clean and rooms on Ground and First Floors have private sit out with exceptional view of the Ganga. Basic Veg meals available on request or at Ashram Rs.200/- per day. Non Ac Rs.500: AC Rs.990/-
- Sant Seva Ashram, Laxman Jhula, +91-135-2430-465. Budget rooms on the banks with a great view from Rs 250-700. Long stays allowed. Booking can be done only 1 or 2 days in advance. Homely restaurant attached.
- Hotel Narayana Kunj. Rooms- Ac 950, Non Ac 600, +91-135-2440922, 2440822 [website]
There are two Government Tourist Lodges.Their rates range from INR 600 to 2000.
- Hotel Prasanna Inn, (Near Dayananda Ashra), [website]. Near the river line, in some quiet and serene surroundings. Rooftop Yoga
- Explore Himalaya Resort (Explore Himalaya Rishikesh), Rishikesh – Badrinath Road, Village Shivpuri, ? 91 + 9212514779 (), [website]. AC/Non Ac rooms with attached bathrooms, hot shawer, balcony with mountain view ,garden,car parking, Resturant ,offer Yoga Lesson, meditation or massage ,trekking trips, water sports, River rafting etc. Rs 2500 – 2800.
- Bharat Bhumi in the town.
- Sisham Jhari on the banks of the Ganges.this is the best option.
Online booking of both these tourist resorts can be done at [website]
- Hotel Ganga View, Haridwar Road, Rishikesh, ? + 91 11 46223372 (, fax: +91 11 46223333), [website]. Situated in the heart of city of Saints, Hotel Ganga View is one of the best located hotel facing Ganga with a panoramic view of the serene hills overlooking Rajaji National Park and two minutes walk takes you to reach at Holy River Ganga. Hotel Ganga View has inhouse Pujari for private pujas and rituals. Daily Ganga Aarti in the morning and evening is performed. A special Aarti for Guests is also arranged on request in advance. Don’t forget to take the gift packs consisting of packed traditional pot of Gangajal, a Rudraksh Mala and a Ganga Aarti Book for your loved ones. Rs 1950-3500.
- Tapovan Resort, Lakshman Jhula, [website]. A newer hotel with good rooms and a garden. Also has a decent restaurant. INR 1650-1850.
- Hotel Ganga Kinare (0135-2435243), 237 Virbhadra Road, ? + 91 114 622 3300 (), [website]. On the right bank of the Ganga, with a private ghat, this upscale hotel overlooks the picturesque Rajaji National Park. A couple of rolling lawns host morning yoga sessions and spiritual lectures. Various heads of states and celebrities have stayed here. Rangoli restaurant on site. Some years before it used to be the venue of international yoga week also. Rs 3000-6000.
- Ananda in the Himalayas. A Half an hour drive from Rishikesh, a luxury destination spa in Narendra Nagar which focuses on Yoga and Ayurvedic practices, combined with with international spa therapies. It includes the Royal palace of Narendra Nagar, of the Maharaja of Tehri Garhwal, an Indian princely state, and the restored Viceregal Palace, added to the palace in 1910-11, by the Maharaja for an expected visit of the Viceroy of India, though the visit never materialized, the edifice remains, and went to accommodate the likes of Lord Mountbatten, a later Viceroy of India. Today it is considered one of the best spas in the world.
- Gangaa Resort, Shivpuri, Rishkesh, ? +91 9990234386, [website]. A perfect getaway for the insightful nature lover…. Set among the green forest laden hills, above the holy Ganges River in the historic city of Rishikesh, Gangaa Resort offers spacious and home like cottages each with a balcony and a breathtaking view of the river and hills. The adventurous can take a short trek, lined with mature trees and untouched landscape to the heavenly and pristine Ganga River, listen to the sound of rapids or just pause in time to savor the splendid view of the valley. So if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful accommodation, set amidst nature and yet suits your budget… look no further! Rs 2000-3600.